Monday, April 8, 2013

a gift

About a month ago my son was giving
a gift
the gift of the Priesthood.
It is one of the most important gifts
he will receive.
I’m sure he doesn’t realize the responsibility
that comes with this.
I pray daily for him.
I pray he will always stay true
to what he has been given.
I hope he knows and believes that this
gift came from God.
I personally love giving gifts
I love finding, pondering, searching for
the perfect gift.
I always put a lot of thought, time, and sometimes
work in to my gifts.
I love the anticipation that fills my heart when I
watch someone open and/or receive a gift.
Because there is always a smile,
a glance of gratitude,
that someone cares.
I know that our Savior is the Giver of Every
Good Gift, for the Spirit who manifests daily
gifts unto us.
I know that the Lord has given each of us
each specific gifts.
I pray each of my children will know what their
gifts are.
The gifts that God already knows, but that they have
yet to discover.
Good they are young and have their whole lives ahead
of them.
As for me I am still searching, and trying to use my gifts
that I have been given wisely.
I am a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment