Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DIY armoire

About a month and a half ago, I went to the Daybreak, Community Yard sale with 2 of my friends. This is what we come home, well what I came home with. They also came home with a lot of stuff. So here is the story I got this piece for $35.00. Hooray,, Bargain. I was so excited. My husband (aka Mr. Right) I have to say that because at the end of this post you will all agree with me. I just know it. It is ALL WOOD, extremely heavy and perfect for a DIY project. I was thinking we totally have room for this, we have bedrooms with no furniture in them. Awesome,  I had some friends delivery it to the house, and I wasn’t home yet. But Scott was, at first he told them, no I know Vicki and she would never buy that. Until he said these magic words, she said she was going to “RE-DO IT” SAND IT AND PAINT IT BLACK”. Oh ya that sounds like her. Scott said. YUP that was my idea.

 May 2012 cabin, etc 004

May 2012 cabin, etc 005

So we started sanding, and more sanding, then it was just Scott sanding. Took it all apart and it was beautiful wood.

ac unit june 2012 021

ac unit june 2012 020

I couldn’t cover that up with black paint. Fixed the Lights, Crown Molding, added Leather squares to the back.

ac unit june 2012 022

ac unit june 2012 054

ac unit june 2012 055

ac unit june 2012 053

About 70.00 later, we agreed and this is what it is today. I love it so much!  It isn't even in our guest bedroom it is in my Craft room. Great Job to MY MR. RIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment