Sunday, May 9, 2010

Next to the Angels

Well, now that it is Mothers Day tomorrow and Tristin has to speak in Sacrament, he has been writing his talk and asking me questions about my own Mother. It has gotten me thinking so I need to write my thoughts down.
Deep Breath----Sigh Where do I begin? What have I learned from my Mom? ALOT
As far back has I can remember my Mom has been teaching stuff. Like, cooking, cleaning, talking, how to hard work, never give up, Trust in the Lord, Pray Always, How to listen, and really just to BE THERE. I guess she was teaching me how to be a MOM, a WIFE, a FRIEND. I am the person I am today because of the roots she planted long ago. I am sure it wasn't an easy task either.  But I am truley GRATEFUL for her. She is an example to all who meet her. She has a STRONG testimony of Jesus Christ. She is also to Thank for the WONDERFUL Brothers and Sisters I have. We are always there for one another and will be together FOREVER. I love you MOM and Happy Mothers Day!!

I also have been BLESSED with a GREAT 2nd Mom, Allyson and Wonderful Sisters! They are such a Blessing to me and my Family. Scott is a GREAT Husband and Father because of the example of his parents. They taught him how to be a Hard worker, set your GOALS high, Became anything you want, unconditional LOVE, and how to SERVE others just to name a few. They also showed him how important FAMILY time is and how to teach by example. You might of thought he wasn't listening......well it was because he was to busy watching.  I thank YOU for raising him the way you did. I love you and Happy Mothers Day!

Quote from the First Presidency in April Confernce 1999 is "Motherhood, is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service NEXT TO THE ANGELS."

1 comment: