Thursday, August 6, 2015

13 things I want my teenage daughter to know….

Whitney turns 13 tomorrow, I have mixed emotions about this. She has spend the last week attending Oakcrest, a camp for only girls going into 8th grade. I’m sure she has had a blast and made a lot of memories. She will soon be starting school and although she thinks I know nothing about being 13 or that I don’t know how she feels. I wanted to share with her 13 things I want her to remember!
1. You are more beautiful than you will ever know.
2. Learn to apologize, Learn to forgive and also Let things go.
3. Put others before yourself.
4. Never forget a SMILE is the prettiest thing you can wear.
5. Your dad can see a crappy boy before you can.
6. Bad times make you appreciate the good times.
7. Tell you favorite teacher they rock, just do it.
8. Hug your grandparents every change you get.
9. Nothing good happens after midnight.
10. Do what is right, Not what is easy.
11. Chill with the eyeliner and don’t wear pushup bra’s.
12. You deserve happiness, know some people with just not like you, and its OK.
13. Love God with all your heart, His plan is greater than yours (Romans 8:28)
I seriously could go on and on with advise and things I want to tell her. My first instinct is to protect her. But I know she has to do her thing. She will learn a lot and make mistakes. But with all that comes growth. We love her very much and are super proud of her. We love watching her become a beautiful young lady. 
Enjoy life, It goes by faster than you think LOVE, MOM
20141223_202410

No comments:

Post a Comment