Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Girls Camp full of LOVE? well I think..

To be honest not in the beginning, it was Stake Camp = 8 wards mixed together. All girls ranged from ages 12-18 and about 50 leaders, = close to 200. The Stake leaders and camp director divided all the girls up into different tents including the leaders. Needless to say this didn’t go over so well the first day. The girls were so hesitant to meet new girls let alone sleep with them and attend all activities with them. So as a leader, I put on a really happy face, and a great attitude and started making friends and talked to everyone. (you know trying to lead by example) well guess what it WORKED!!! The theme for camp this year was LOVE, love god, love others, and love yourself. It was great to spend time with young woman in our stake away from the everyday life. Such as TV, IPod's, computers, music, movies, shopping etc. The devotion's and activities were awesome they really connected with the girls and it was enjoyed by all. The spirit of our Heavenly Father was so prevalent and I came home wanting to be a better wife, mother, friend, and all around better person. What more could I have wanted?

1 comment: